BMI - Body Mass Index
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a measure of body weight relative to height. The BMI gives an estimate of the health risk of your body weight. The BMI can be calculated for adults from 16 to 70.
Although the BMI can generally indicate healthy weight levels, it cannot be applied to infants, pregnant or breastfeeding women, persons who are seriously ill, athletes and adults over 74 years.
A healthy weight is important to prevent the risk of heart disease and other serious complications.
BMI calculator read result
A healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 25.
- BMI less than 19:
- You are underweight. It is important that you realize weight gain, possibly with the help of a dietitian or doctor.
- BMI between 19 and 24:
- You have a great weight. Your BMI is perfect, your weight relative to your height is in balance. Trying to maintain this weight!
- BMI between 25 and 30:
- You are overweight, it is wise to come. At a healthy weight
- BMI between 30 and 40:
- You are obese. Contact your doctor or dietitian.
- BMI greater than 40:
- You have morbid obesity. Please contact your doctor.